Monday, September 24, 2007

Mi Familia!

CSRE Farewell


It was hard to say good-bye to all the folks at CCSRE. I have been at Stanford for 7 years and never really felt like I had a home until I became a part of the CCSRE community which made this the hardest good-bye of the Summer. Indeed, it was so hard I stayed in town long after I moved out of my old house. Nevertheless, all good things must come to an end. The pictures here are from a lunch we had the last few days I was in town, and each and everyone of the people in these photos are the "heart" of CSRE. They give it life and make it the truly special place it is.

For 5 years I never cared much for Stanford, and there is still a part of me that doesn't quite "get it." I always felt a little out of place. However, my last two years in CSRE have given me something I will never feel out of place in--friendship and a group of people I sincerely feel I can call family. So in many ways I guess this isn't good-bye. I know that no matter where I end up I will always have my family at CSRE and they will always have my greatest respect. Three cheers for all the staff, faculty, and students of CSRE!

1 comment:

BC said...

You only felt out of place for 5 years? I still feel out of place at Stanford and I am not even there anymore. PTAS-Post Traumatic Awkwardness Syndrone.

Hi to Rachael and Justice from Clem and Adele