Monday, September 24, 2007

Columbus Zoo

Flavor Flav and the Columbus Zoo


I was going to get some work done on Saturday, but Justice suggested from the couch that it seemed like a good idea to head to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. So off we went. Turns out, the aquarium is pretty small, though I suppose once you have visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium enough times there isn't much that will compare to it, however, in the end it turned out to be a nice zoo. Overall, I think it is comparable to the San Francisco Zoo, though I think the Gorilla exhibit at San Francisco is much nicer. Even more exciting is that they ae building a giant water park next to the zoo for next Spring. I'm sure Justice will love that.

They did have an animal at the zoo that I have always wanted to see, (but forgot to get photos somewhow). The manatee! What a hideous looking animal! I have a feeling they may be pretty stupid too. They seem to just float around eating and getting their tails whacked off by motor boats. Much bigger and maybe a little more graceful than I initially thought they would be, but ugly nonetheless.

Anyways, Justice had fun at the zoo even though he didnt buy anything. And believe me, it is hard to avoid opportunities to buy CRAP at places like the zoo. Everything is placed at the eye level of a five-year-old so the second they see it they want it. Luckily, at the Columbus Zoo they had a booth setup where kids could make crafts. FOR FREE! Justice colored some slice of wood about the size of a pancake and hung it around his neck on a string. IT'S THE FLAVOR! Flav that is. And that was it for the zoo. I will be back to posting more now that I have begun to settle in here in Columbus. (As I look at all the unpacked boxes in the house I realize that is bit of a lie).

No comments: